Related Posts with Thumbnails

Monday, September 12, 2011

Cubs & Mice

Hello!

Well firstly, let me tell you about our weekend. We went away with friends for my son’s friend’s birthday. The game farm we stayed at allows you to play with the lion cubs as they are hand-reared. There were three 6 week old cubs. So cute! The one cub was named “Kylie” as Kylie Minogue adopted her when she visited South Africa. There was a photo of her on the front page of the Sunday paper with Kylie the lion cub.

These cubs were such a highlight for the kids!

Here’s the birthday boy feeding the one cub and getting a little nip on the finger too!

007

Taking a break…

036

If I can’t have a bottle, I’ll just settle for a finger…

027

044

Just look at those claws!!

015

069

083

Now I also have to tell you that my son won the Junior Victor Ludorum trophy for athletics at his new school on Friday at their Inter-house athletics meeting! I was amazed how determined he was. He broke the high jump and long jump record and also won the 100m, 1200m and came second in the 70m hurdles race. So we’ve discovered a little athlete in the family!002

Today I’m also sharing my second drawing for the CDAC Drawing Challenge for September… a trio of mischievous mice.

mischievous mice_sml

I also drew another version with the same little mice, only this time with a cupcake….cupcake mice_sml

And today, I have a freebie… You can grab last month’s (and my first) digistamp – just click on the image below, right click to download.

hanging in

If you make anything with the image, please share it with me, I’d love to see what you do!

Have a great day!

signature

5 comments:

Art From The heart said...

You have good reason to be pround and a handsome young man too.
Great pic's!
Hugs

Bonnie said...

What an amazing experience! Those cubs are so cute!

Anonymous said...

THEY ARE PRECIOUS!!!! The kiddos 2!!!!! And Congrats to your son...sounds like he's going to be an awesome athlete mom!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh that's awesome V, so happy for him, tell him I say Congrats...you must be so proud :) Glad the 2nd half of the year is turning out to be a good one for him!
Nothing cuter that lion cubs hey!
Bxx

Moments by Marla said...

Wow, what a wonderful experience to be able to play with these lion cubs. So adorable! Congratulations to your son for winning the trophy for doing a fabulous job! Thank you for the lovely banner!